• Universidad Católica de Santiago de Guayaquil, Ecuador.
• Admitted to Practice in Ecuador, 1990.
• LL. D., 1996.
• Masters in Administrative Law - Universidad de Salamanca. Spain (January 2002)
• Best graduate in the Department of Political and Social Science
• Best Graduate Attorney.
• "Dr. Héctor Romero Menéndez" Prize
• Legal Assistant Estudio Romero Menéndez, Guayaquil, 1986-1987.
• Head of Legal Department Sociedad Agrícola e Industrial San Carlos S.A.
and assistant of Doctor Gustavo Noboa Bejarano, Manager of the Company,
• Head of Legal Department Industrial La Reforma Jacinto Jouvin Arce C.A.,
• Vice President of Legal services at the companies of Grupo Jouvin, Guayaquil,
• Partner at Estudio Romero Menéndez, 1997 – until present day
Academic And Public Service:
• Personal Assistant of the Mayor of Guayaquil and former Presidente of Ecuador,
Engineer León Febres-Cordero Ribadeneyra, Guayaquil, 1993-1997.
• Advisor to the President of the Supreme Court, Doctor Héctor Romero
Parducci, Guayaquil, 1997-2000.
• Former Assistant Professor of Constitutional Law, Universidad Católica de
Santiago de Guayaquil .
• Former Invited Professor of Labor Law, Universidad Católica de Santiago de Guayaquil .
• Former Columnist, Newspaper "El Telégrafo," Guayaquil.
• Legal Secretary of the President of Ecuador, 2006 to present day.
Areas of Expertise:
• Labor Law
• Constitutional Law
• Corporate Law
• Civil Law
• Public and Administrative Law
NOTE: Dr. Alexis Mera is currently away from the firm due to his office as Legal Secretary and Advisor to the President of the Republic, for the duration of his present position.